Hello all,

I'm brand new to the list, it's a pleasure to have you all as a resource.

Here's my issue:
I'm trying to fix a client's rollover dropdown menus, 'cause they are made with
some awful GoLive Plug-in that uses javascript and inline  CSS to throw these
images and menus on top of a table with z-index and absolute positioning. I
don't want to remake the whole site with CSS layout, because I'm trying for a
quick smash n' grab kludge and maybe later after I explain the benefits they'll
let me redo in CSS. So I'm using a vertical Suckerfish menu that goes in a left
side table column.

I made the menu in a new document and it works great, I placed it into the
table and it doesn't work. The main rollover buttons work, but the menus won't
pop up on :hover they just remain display:none. Are there some serious problems
when using tables and css together?

I don't have a URL prepped because I'm working locally, but I can make it
available if necessary. I expect there might just be something about being in a
table column that breaks the functionality.

Thanks,

~Joseph Sims