On 31/12/08 18:07, Angela French wrote:
> Yikes!  Just tried your suggestion, but then I would have to style every
> element in my print.css file.
> I think I'll just stick with the !important where I need it.

You shouldn't need !important at all. If your print stylesheet comes
after the screen stylesheet and uses selectors with the same
specificity, then a later declaration at the same specificity will
overwrite an earlier one.

Two approaches:

1. Overwrite all media styles as needed in your print stylesheet.
2. Have a base stylesheet for both print and screen, then individual
additional stylesheets adding further styles for print and screen
specifically.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis