phidlerw...@gmail.com wrote:
> <http://stmconsultants.com>

> In Firefox 3.0.5 (running Mac OS X 10.4.11), for some reason, I get a
>  single-pixel- wide vertical line in the background color along the
> right edge of the header background image and the same on the left of
>  the footer background image, plus a few other odd pixels near the
> lower right corner of the main content div.

Normal for all Gecko based browsers. They have problems hitting the
exact positions and dimensions - all at the same time, especially when
given odd numbers and larger sizes.

Change window-width slightly - slowly - and Gecko may or may not hit the
right spots at various sizes.

Note that all browsers (that I know of) may introduce +/-1px
calculation-errors on some window-widths for _some_ layouts on some
screen-resolutions, simply because of number-rounding.

Simplest solution: make element-dimensions 1px narrower...

#page {width: 938px;}

...which is an even number that Gecko handles better, and also covers up
for its remaining calculation-flaws. Won't hurt in any browser.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no