Jeff Chastain wrote:
I am having some issues with IE getting a layout design to work and I would
like to see if anybody can offer any pointers before this drives me nuts.
The issue I am running into is that I have a box which has a fluid width
(90% of the page).  Within that box, I am attempting to absolutely place
another box at the very top, but with a 14px margin on both the left and
right side.  The following CSS rules work just fine in FireFox ....

-- Jeff

No absolute positioning is needed, and is best avoided in positioning the base foundation structure of a page. Absolute positioning, if needed at all, is usually reserved for positioning small elements within a foundation, or float based, structure. So maybe just make like a big box, and sort of gently place smaller boxes in it. Something like this [1] will work in compliant browsers and even IE/6 and IE/7.

[1] <http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/test-90.html>

--

A thin red line and a salmon-color ampersand forthcoming.
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/