Ian Young wrote:

> This an old chestnut, I know, but I have tried several fixes to
> make the png work on IE6 and it doesn't.
>
> Now I don't know whether this is due to the fact that I amusing IE6
> along with IE7 but the filter is not working.
>
> Quick test page at
>
> http://www.iyesolutions.co.uk/templates/db-test/png-test.html
>
> Can you have a look and see if works for you and if not any
> suggestions?

It is not working in IE6 indeed.
Two things that may interfere: background setting, and path.

Try this:

#alImg1{
background-image:url(images/strapline-big-4.png);
 _background:none;
 _filter     : progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(
   src          = '/templates/db-test/images/strapline-big-4.png',
   sizingMethod = 'scale'
 );

Els