Thank you for the comments.

I've been having trouble aligning the fonts in the header and I
haven't been able to figure out how to make it work right. I want the
phone numbers to be aligned to the bottom right of the contain they're
in, but nothing I do seems to work consistently.

I also know I should not combine a table for the header with the rest
of the layout, but getting the pieces to stay tightly together -
especially on the home page of the site which has a flash animation -
has been simply beyond me. Everything I tried failed, but I know for
sure that a table will keep the header pieces on the same line.

I've really run way way way over budget on this job and am just trying
to get it working reasonably.

Thanks again,

Jody

On Jan 29, 2009, at 12:18 AM, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:

> David Laakso wrote:
>>> http://www.atlas-inspection.com/privacy.html
>>>

>> FWIW, for anyone following this thread-- It is not positioned
>> correctly in XP IE 6/7 (don't know about Vista or Win/200) and Mac
>> Safari (don't know about PC Safari or Chrome).
>
> PC Safari: mildly broken at my end - butts into 'minimum font-size'.
> Chrome doesn't have that option, AFAICS.
> All alignment lost in the header/nav section if page subjected to the
> slightest amount of font resizing in any and all browsers on all OSes.
> It's a table-constructed header followed by absolute positioned
> column-containers, so weaknesses and failures are as can be expected.
>
> regards
>       Georg
> --
> http://www.gunlaug.no