> I don't know if anyone has replied yet but this is was I've come up with
> so far.
>
> I've opened this in FF, IE7, and IE6 and yes it does reverse its order.
> As I've found out from Googling it would seem this is the correct method
> as per CSS spec.
> I cannot seem to find your hacks in the HTML or CSS code, only test3.css
> - where are you loading them?
>
> Since you are floating each <li> right it would logically reverse the
> order (first <li> goes rightmost, etc).
> I usually cheat and place the <ul> in a <span> and float that right.
>
> Ta,
>
> ~Mx
>

> On Jan 30, 2009 10:29pm, Sandy <sfeld...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>  > hey all,
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > there is a problem I hope you can help with - I am pretty much at the
>  >
>  > end of my rope.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > I have a page where I would like some things to line up on the right,
>  >
>  > and it's working in the browsers I've tested except for IE6 and 7.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > I've got it more or less looking right in 7, if you don't look too
>  >
>  > closely. To get the two lists in the menu to align right, I have an ie7
>  >
>  > specific style which reads
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > .menu ul li {
>  >
>  > float : right;
>  >
>  > }
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > now - this is good except that the links are now in the opposite order
>  >
>  > than I want them.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > http://www.caut.ca/ugfa/test/test3.html
>  >
>  > http://www.caut.ca/ugfa/test/js_css/test3.css
>  >
>  > http://www.caut.ca/ugfa/test/js_css/ie7-hacks3.css
>  >
>  > http://www.caut.ca/ugfa/test/js_css/ie6-hacks3.css
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > thanks in advance.
>  >
>  > (also apologies if I've sent this twice - a little email trouble)

hi Mx,

Thanks for looking at my problem.
Georg sent me this, and it works. I have been able to delete the hacks.

best regards, Sandy

from Georg:

1: delete the mentioned IE-only styles.

2: replace existing styles for the relevant elements with the following...

.menu {
clear : both;
width : 780px;
margin-right : 10px;
font-size : .9em;
font-family : arial, sans-serif;
font-weight : normal;
letter-spacing : .03em;
background-color : transparent;
padding-top: 40px;
}

.menu ul {
padding : 0;
margin : 0;
clear : left;
color : #5d7e25;
text-align : right;
list-style-type : none;
background-color : transparent;
text-align: right;
}

.menu ul li {
display : inline;
}

...and all major browsers will agree (with you) on how to render it...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/sandy/test_09_0131.html>

The problems with IE7 and older are related to "right-floats and
clearing" bugs, so the solution is to avoid "right-floats" and rely on
'text-align' instead. Even IE supports that bit of CSS pretty flawless.

regards
     Georg