Valerie Wininger wrote:
> I may be making this harder than it needs to be.
>
> http://valeriewininger.com/dev_21rl/index2.html
> ( CSS: http://valeriewininger.com/dev_21rl/style2.css )
>
> Now, on my PC this menu looks perfect in FF 3.0.5, IE7, Safari 3.2, Chrome
> 1, and Opera 9.52.
>
> However, when you view it in FF or Safari on Mac (according to
> browsershots.org and my partner), there is a 1px gap beneath the inactive
> tabs.  Can someone tell me why?  Or how to code this so that it doesn't
> break so easily between browsers when the font size or family changes or
> just renders differently?  I appreciate any help!!

Not seen Mac OS X 10.4.11. That may because my vision ain't what it used
to be. OTOH, setting the fonts in pixels at 6px less than user default,
combined with line-height set in pixels, and fixed height on your
footer, turns it into an unreadable glob of confusion in any browser on
earth when your font-sizes are ignored.

As ever,
Helen
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller>

--

A thin red line and a salmon-color ampersand forthcoming.

http://chelseacreekstudio.com/