Eric Cash wrote:
> I just got an email from a company I'm contracting through, from their
> "engineers" (don't get me started on these guys).  My html/css is 100%
> standards compliant, and looks identical in firefox 3.0.5, safari, opera,
> and all versions of ie.  Great, right?  But they just sent me a series of
> screenshots showing weird display inconsistencies in firefox 3.0.1, 3.0.2,
> and 3.0.3, some of which are just plain wacky, and shouldn't even exist, but
> doesn't ff auto-update, do you guys think I REALLY need to worry about this?

FF autoupdates *if it's set to do that*. FF for Linux doesn't autoupdate
(at least on my system). And the FF allowed onto my employer's corporate
PCs is only FF2, so even if it tried to update, it wouldn't be able to.
(When they finally decided to allow FF onto corporate PCs, they pushed
it out - and FF2.0.0.6 replaced the 3.0.5 that I had installed a few
weeks before ... )

Sounds like they might be encountering browser engine bugs that just
*might* have been the reason for a .0.x update ...

--
David
gn...@hawaii.rr.com