mx.css...@googlemail.com wrote:

The FF plug-in is the Web Developer Toolbar, although some swear by Firebug.

Small change in the order of items below (I moved #3 in the quote
below). Make sure the pages work without CSS before you start adding CSS
to the mix!

> In terms of testing:
>
> 3) Disable CSS to ensure site falls back effectively.
> 1) Test site working in FF3 at native resolution (for me 1680 x 1050).
> 2) Validate HTML and CSS to ensure it's compliant.
> 4) Test in IE7 and 6 at native res.
> 5) Resize to 1024x768 and then 800x600 to ensure site readable at these
> resolutions.
> 6) Check WAI with Cynthia, and view in RightLynx.

I like the Fangs plugin for FF - lets me know how the page "appears" to
screenreaders.

> 7) Check in another browser, such as Safari.

And Opera and any other browsers that your client wants supported. I'm
currently helping transition an old site design from "Only needs to work
in *our browser* (IE6)" to "MUST work in IE6 & 7, FF2 & 3 on both Macs
and Windows - uh, and maybe we should start getting it working in Safari
... Oh, and think about making it work on iPhones, too."

--
David
gn...@hawaii.rr.com