Not on my system it doesn't. Sorry David.

I did try a number of those changes to no avail.
I have IE7/8 on Vista could that be the problem?
Interestingly if I remove .nav2 a, it works fine in IE7 but, of course not
on the others. Display:block is clearly the issue and I have tried display

I have just fired up an old laptop with XP and IE7 and yes, the above works.

Now does that point us in direction?

Thanks all so far.

Ian