Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
> I encountered the following CSS declaration:
> margin: 83_qem
> Does anyone have any idea what kind of unit it is? Apparently it's
> used in Safari's internal style sheet
> (http://www.accessifyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5551), and I saw it
> mentioned in Nokia documentation
> (http://library.forum.nokia.com/index.jsp?topic=/Web_Developers_Library/GUID-9EA77434-CC44-429F-BDD3-3AF4357CCF69.html)
> Can't find a definition though, and the lack of W3C links suggests
> that this unit is non-standard. Could someone help?

Hey PPK--

I believe qem stands for "quirky em" and is a proprietary Webkit syntax
used to refer to a margin which can be collapsed when the page is in
quirks mode. [1]

If you're anything like me, you're already appreciating the irony that
*you're* the one that wrote the list to ask about this. ;-)

[1]
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3/WebCore-106/khtml/css/css_valueimpl.h
(about two-thirds of the way down the page)

--
<!--
  ! Bill Brown <macnim...@gmail.com>