Climis, Tim wrote:

> I've got a problem with IE and :hover. As you can see in the
> stylesheet, the :hover is being applied to an anchor tag, so it
> should work.  But when I hover over the link, nothing shows up.  Is
> there anything you all see that might be causing problems?

Looking at your code, I see you have a <span> inside your links.
IE has problems with :hover styles on spans inside links sometimes,
but they are easy to fix.
Not sure that this is what causes your problem though, as you are
trying to change the background of the <a> element, not the <span>.
Could be that the styles do change, but the span hides them? Or maybe
the <a> element doesn't extend its height around the <span>, and
therefore there is no visible hover effect.

I think it would be best if you supply a URL with the example that
shows the problem. Makes it a lot easier to determine the problem.
This would also show what doctype (if any) you are using, which can
have an effect on how IE7 renders a page too.

--
Els