On 27/03/2009, at 4:26 AM, Climis, Tim wrote:

> But there are a few things I wish for that would make even more
> semantic sense.  A. lists contained in paragraphs, or B. a list

Perhaps a definition list could be styled to achieve what you want?
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/deflists.html

You'd probably need to put a bullet in as a css background image as
dl does not seem to support list-style-type as ul and ol do, but dl
does have an optional list header <lh> which could be styled ...

Cheers,
KathyW.