Oh, I tried it and I so far it appears that it works so all I was missing was
to tell the <a> tag to be {display: block} and it had to be
the height and width of the #logomiddle.  I've tried to make the link size
smaller by going as low as 200px but then it just doesn't work, I'm going to
see if I can make it smaller.