> -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:css-d- > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Yazmin Media > Sent: 09 April 2009 14:48 > To: css discuss > Subject: [css-d] 3 column expanding center column CSS > > I've been doing a search through a lot of 3 column CSS layout examples, > but > I'm getting the feeling that what I want cannot be done. > > I need to setup a 3-column, fixed width layout that allows the center > column > to expand in width when necessary. For example, say I have a fixed > width > 3-column design wrapped in a 900px div. If I insert content in the > middle > column that is 1000px by itself, I need the center column to expand to > accommodate the 1000px content width while expanding the 900px div as > well. > Is this even possible?
First question one would ask. Why would you want a centre column so wide that it would break out of its wrapping div? However, I guess if you set the div to act like a table then I guess it would do what you want or have I missed the point? Best Ian IY e-Solutions ______________________________________________________________________ css-discuss [[email protected]] http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/ List policies -- http://css-discuss.org/policies.html Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
