From: css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org
[mailto:css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org] On Behalf Of Tim Dawson
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 3:13 AM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Vertically centering text in a paragraph

Thanks, Bob.  I know it's possible to take table-aversion too far, and
you are
right in saying the information is essentially tabular.  I'll look into
it.

Meanwhile I'm using a varying number of <br /> which has the merit of
being very
simple to insert.  Provided the content is fairly static, it's not much
trouble
to maintain, either.  Not good semantically, of course, and I'm sure
I'll have
the standardistas after me.

Tim

designer wrote:
> Tim:  I know you said that you didn't want to go the table way, but a
table
> in this case is perfectly acceptable, insofar as the relationship
between
> the image and text is a tabular one. I wouldn't hesitate to use a
table
> here, so long as it's marked up properly.
>
> Bob

Tim Dawson
Maolbhuidhe
Fionnphort