> To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
> Subject: [css-d] Is it possible to implement a variable height for a
> block box with CSS?
>
> Hi, All
>
> Suppose the following markup:
> The height of both the container and the top boxes is variable. What I
> want
> is to make the top edge of the bottom box situated just below the top
> box
> and the bottom edge of the bottom box situated just above the bottom
> edge of
> the container box, so the height of the bottom box is also variable.
> Can
> this be implemented with CSS? If not, is there any other approach?

This is fairly basic CSS box model unless I misunderstand the question.

Try this
body {background:#fff;margin:0}
        .container {width:700px;margin:0 auto;background: green}
        .top {width:500px;margin:10px auto 0;background:red}
        .bottom {width:500px;margin:0 auto;background:blue}

Background colours there for illustration.

Cheers

Ian
IYES
SEO Solutions