Mike Smith wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM, David Laakso
> <da...@chelseacreekstudio.com <mailto:da...@chelseacreekstudio.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     Add this declaration to the style sheet to lose the gap:
>     div.divNav1 ul li {float:left;}
>

> I'm wondering if you can offer any insights as to what was actually
> causing this to happen.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> -Mike

In IE/6 it is commonly known as the "whitespace" bug. There are various
fixes, depending on the particular situation at hand, that are known to
collapse the extra space IE/6 sometimes adds to vertical lists items.

This bug was (supposedly) corrected in IE/7.

Peculiar that your page did not exhibit any list issue in IE/6, but
definitely did so in IE/7. I do not know the specific reason why,
although hasLayout [1] issues still pop-up from time-to-time, in IE/7.
The float: left correction on your ul li "seemed to be" the IE/7
hasLayout "trigger." My approach is of an holistic nature. Perhaps
someone else on the list who approaches problem solving in a linear
manner may be able to provide us both with a specific and exact
explanation... :-)

[1]<http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html>