--- On Wed, 6/17/09, Richard Grevers <richard.grev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Google chrome (2.0.172.31) appears to
> minimise the width of floated
> tables which have no explicit width, while most other
> browsers assume
> 100%. Is this actually a bug or just one of those undefined
> behaviours
> that serve as a lesson to always follow Braden's mantra?

I've always been led to believe that "float without explicit width" is a no-no,
but I think this might only be due to poor browser implementations. From the
spec:

"10.3.5 Floating, non-replaced elements - If 'width' is computed as 'auto', the
used value is the "shrink-to-fit" width."
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#float-width

As I read that, Google chrome is the only browser that behaves correctly - over
to someone else to correct ME though :)

- Bobby