--- On Wed, 6/17/09, Scott Wilcox <sc...@tig.gr> wrote:

> I get the position of the containing element (called
> 'photoContainer') and add that to the x,y points to give me
> my final absolute position. My problem seems to come in when
> I'm setting the values for the absolutely positioned
> elements. In IE, they don't show at all, Firefox 3.0.11
> displays them correctly sometimes, Safari is about 20px out
> and so is chrome.

Hi Scott,

I think it would probably help to have an actual example to view, rather than
just a screenshot, BUT - on your general method - have you considered the
following approach:

1. Give photoContainer (or whatever) relative positioning

2. Position the other elements absolutely within that

This should reduce any problems caused by different positionings of the
containing element. If that doesn't make sense, feel free to mail me directly
and I'll explain further.

- Bobby