David Auth wrote:
> Greetings, list!  I've just joined for some help with a specific
> problem.  Please see http://www.sihlusa.com/products/products.asp
>
> In short, what should I do to my style sheet to make sure that IE6
> renders this page closely enough to the others to become naviagable?
> The div on the left is totally invisible, making this page unusable.
> Also the copy is half-invisible, but I'm less worried about that.
[...]
> -David Auth

Hello David, IE6 does not like this style.

div { height:100%; }

IE6 needs this instead.

* html div { height:auto;}

That will fix IE6 in a large part but you may want to question why you
have a style for all divs with a height of 100%. It's very easy to bug
IE6 out, partially since your code is rendering in quirks mode (just
like IE5) due to the XML prolog.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This changes things since you have to adjust widths etc due to the old
IE box model.

<http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=E0989953B6F20B41>

This should fix IE6.

* html #contentleft {width:600px;text-align:left; }

Please note that text-align will wrongly affects block elements (divs
etc) in IE7 and below.

BTW, why do you have position:relative and z-index everywhere. I would
suggest as a learning experience to remove some styles. Especially all
of this fro starters.

div   { height:100%; display:table;  vertical-align:top;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; margin:0px; padding:0px;
text-align:center; }

--
Alan http://css-class.com/