Thanks in advance!

Below is the semantically correct html I am working with putting
together a simple 2 col fluid template is the spirit of the wikipedia
template. Here is a screen shot of what I am going for.
http://modernia.net/5-22-09ogolonwebdraft.jpg
But that was a bloated heinous hack that only worked in one browser. I
need to do this right. Here is the layout html I am working with for
my wordpress (thematic framework) diagramed
http://themehybrid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/hybrid-legend.png

first which is not absolutely necasary)

I need stability and flexibility for this template because I am going
to be doing a lot with it. I cannot identify what sounds like a strong
reliable approach going through everything  on the css-discuss wiki
and the a list apart articles. Can someone offer sound experienced
advice on something I can copy over for a most basic template so that
I will have flexibility to add to it without fear of bears?

Putting the content before the sidebar sounds good for SEO but not a
deal breaker. More browser backward compatibility is better but not
the deal breaker

don