Giuseppe Craparotta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> would you please take a look at this:
>
> http://www.giuseppecraparottacv.co.uk/doubts/contemp-scroll/contemporaneo.html
>
> I applied an overflow:auto to the div containing the models' pictures (
> div.scrollingflow) because I wanted it to scroll but still keeping fixed the
> column with the "bottle in hand" picture.
>
> The visual layout would be improved if I could make the div.scrollingflow
> scrolling bar disappear and control the scrolling through the default
> scrollbar. The height of the page should remain the same as now.

Hello Giuseppe,

I don't know what is quite happening but there is no overflow:auto
scroll bar appearing in Opera 9.64 and the page is all over the place.

I think the look you are after is what I see in safari 4.

To get the photos section to scroll with the browser provided scrollbar
you need to remove overflow:auto from div.scrollingflow and used
position:fixed on the "bottle in hand" picture. Yes that will cause this
element to cover other content as you scroll.

Maybe a rethink of your approach will help.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/