On 1-Aug-09, at 8:22 AM, Brian M. Curran wrote:

> Hi All,
> Because of a reply to my post I learned through http://validator.w3.org/
>  that I had errors with my code. I fixed some of the ones that I was
> familiar with, and now my Nav bar appears (Yeah, mini-victory!). Now
> however, I notice that my website doesn't have the nice CSS
> formatting that I applied to it in Firefox. Like I said, my site
> appears perfectly in IE7. I suppose the issue with how it appears in
> Firefox is because of the remaining errors that I have in the code,
> as is stated in http://validator.w3.org/. However, I am still
> wondering, could it be a compatibility issue between CSS and Firefox?
>
> p.s. My aforementioned site is www.brianmcurran.com.
>
> Sincerely,
> Brian Curran
> www.brianmcurran.com

First fix all the errors in your code, more than 30 on the index at
brianmcurran.com. When it validates then go on to repair any cross-
browser discrepancies but first your code must be semantically
correct. The validator tells you exactly what is wrong with your xhtml
and css files. Afterwards if anything doesn't work the way you want
then the list can help.

Norman
---
Norman Fournier