I have a menu system that uses nested ULs. The main menu is a fixed
size, but I want the sub menu's to be variable width that will grow to
encompass the entire width of the menu item. I figured min-width would
do this; however, it only grows to be as big as the longest non-breaking
string.

I thus have a two line menu looking like this:

Photo
Library

When I want a menu item like this:

Photo Library

I've been using Firebug, Web Developer, and DOM Inspector to help me
figure out what may be going wrong and I've even tested my code at
http://www.w3schools.com/CSS/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_dim_min-width
where it seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to
this mailing list, but not new to CSS.

The offending menus can be found at http://www.wynright.com/robotics2/
on the left side; the top menus are fixed width.

Chris Barth