On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:57:36 -0400
Came this utterance formulated by jeffrey morin to my mailbox:

> I was discussing some CSS techniques the other day and someone brought
> up a point of a certain "fix" that I use not validating in the CSS
> validator. I have never really been overly concerned with validating
> my stylesheets as long as the html was good. Is there a certain
> benefit to validating your CSS or is it mainly just for purity sake?

The CSS validator is a developers tool (as is the HTML validator). I use
it to check for syntax errors.

Having said that there is very little reason for using bad CSS nowadays.
I have my IE<8 CSS in a seperate file that the validator won't find.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416