MEM wrote:
>> Maybe you are thinking about a:active? Try styling that.
>
> I believe I'm styling that on my css.
> Here:
> #mainMenu li a:hover, li a:active
> {
>       text-decoration:none;
>       background-image:url(../images/hover.png);
>       background-position:bottom;
>       background-repeat:no-repeat;
>       color:#fff;
>       background:#e00;
> }
>
> Here's the video-issue:
> http://www.nuvemk.com/rebelate/rebelatehome/strange_css_issue.html
>

> Thanks,
> Márcio

Hello Márcio,

I see what you are talking about. The behavior that you see in IE6 and
IE7 is the *improper handling* of :active by these browsers. IE6 and IE7
treats :active as if it was :focus.

This is what should happen.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#x35>

"The :active pseudo-class applies while an element is being activated by
the user. For example, between the times the user presses the mouse
button and releases it."

"The :focus pseudo-class applies while an element has the focus (accepts
keyboard events or other forms of text input)."

IE8, Opera, Firefox and Safari shows the default outline of a link when
  it is selected.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#outline-focus>

"Graphical user interfaces may use outlines around elements to tell the
user which element on the page has the focus."

What you are seeing is a accessibly outline. This helps keyboard users.
If you want the behavior that you see in IE6 and IE7, add :focus to the CSS.

#mainMenu li a:hover, li a:focus, li a:active {
   text-decoration:none;
   background-image:url(../images/hover.png);
   background-position:bottom;
   background-repeat:no-repeat;
   color:#fff;
   background:#e00;
}

The drag thing that you noticing allows you to drag a link into the
address bar or open that link in a new tab.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/