Hey all,

I have a little site where the main menu is an include. Each link list
item has an id, and I add a style for that id in the header of the
current page that shows it's the current item.

http://askon.ca/en/index.shtml
http://askon.ca/en/css/askon.css

I have used some css from
http://www.askthecssguy.com/2006/12/showing_hyperlink_cues_with_cs_1.html
in other contexts, for example

a[href ^="mailto:";] {
    padding-right: 20px;
    background: transparent url(icon_mail.gif) no-repeat center right;
}

the

a[href ^="mailto:";]

tells you to style anything that starts with the "mailto:";
He has other styles that tell you to style anything that ends with .pdf.

What I would love is to figure out how to put the whole page name in the
style so that I can eliminate the ids in the menu - something like
a[href ="index.shtml"]
except that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

thanks!