On 17/09/2009, at 3:19 PM, Brian M. Curran wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm building a test page at http://www.brianmcurran.com/LLindex.html
> and I have a problem with the Navigation bar. There is a little
> space on the end of the Nav bar that offsets it from the border of
> the main content. I however want it to line up flush with the border
> of the main content. There also seems to be a space between the two
> nav buttons, which I don't want either. Does someone know why this
> is happening? The CSS can be found here:
>
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brianmcurran.com%2FLLindex.html&profile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&lang=en

#underNav is wider. #nav is 930px and  #underNav is 932px + (930px
+2px borders ).

There are various solutions. margin-right: -1px?

#underNav also needs 'clear: both'.

The fact that you haven't fixed this suggests that you are looking at
the site in IE. I would recommend always getting your site right in a
real browser first, then doing whatever nonsense IE requires to do
something sensible.

Cheers, Tim