I have a site where the background image fails to show on certain
pages. I don't see any place where the css has been overridden in the
code that would prevent it.

Here's an example of a page with the background image:
http://checkitlocal.com/dixon-ralph-s-dpm.html

And here's one without:
http://checkitlocal.com/er-bradleys-saloon.html

The css for the background is specified in an inline style on the body
tag. The w3schools validator does give an error due to the doctype
automatically ending the head section after the meta tags - which then
makes the style declaration automatically out of place. If it was
going to break due to that, it should break everywhere, right?

Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?