On 3/10/2009, at 9:19 AM, Mike Smith wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've been working on this site and I'm having an issue with the red
> banner
> at the top of the page. It should go across to the right border of
> the box
> it's in, but it won't. Seems to not be working in FF, Safari, Opera,
> or IE,
> and it's even worse in IE. I've been looking at the code for so long
> I'm
> getting lost in it.
>
> I need some fresh eyes to look and offer an assist. Can anyone help
> out?
>
> The page is at: http://www.jhsph.edu/alumni/ and the CSS is linked
> in the
> head.
>
> Thanks in advance to all who take the time to read this and consider
> helping.

Hi Mike - One immediate solution is to set the width of the h1 to
100%. That being said, the CSS looks pretty convoluted and complex for
what it is. If you find yourself needing to use !important it's
generally a sign that you need to rethink how your cascade is working.

However, if you just need to fix it, try width: 100%.

Cheers, Tim