Hi all,

I've just taken over as the website manager for a recently-launched site at
http://portland.shambhala.org <http://portland.shambhala.org/> .  The main
menu is a css dropdown and it's working as it should in FF, Opera, Chrome
and Safari. In IE6 and 7 (and maybe 8; I haven't checked), the main menu is
present but the menu doesn't drop down. The original developer is out of the
picture and I'm at a loss as to why the menu isn't working in IE. There are
a couple of other minor rendering issues in IE but this one has me baffled!
If anyone has an idea what's going on, I'd appreciate any available help.
The relevant css follows below.

TIA

Bill

/* Main Navigation - remove padding so our menu isn't wrapped by some
background */

.menutext {

            padding: 0px;

}

#menu_center {

/*          clear: both;                   - real centering, but the
relative positioning prevents

            float: left;                      - using absolute for the
sub-menus for some reason, they don't appear

            width: 100%;

            overflow: hidden; */

}

/* General */

#cssdropdown, #cssdropdown ul { list-style: none; }

#cssdropdown, #cssdropdown * { padding: 0; margin: 0; }

#cssdropdown {

            /*float: left;                                           - real
centering

            position: relative;

            left: 50%;*/

}

/* Head links */

#cssdropdown li.headlink {

            float: left;

            margin-left: -1px;

            /*position: relative;                    - real centering

            right: 50%;*/

}

#cssdropdown li.headlink a {

            display: block;

            font-size: 13px;

            padding: 7px 30px 7px 30px;

}

/* Child lists and links */

#cssdropdown li.headlink ul {

            display: none;

            position: absolute;

            /*width: auto;*/

            text-align: left;

            background-image: url("images/menu8.gif");

            z-index: 100;

}

#cssdropdown li.headlink:hover ul { display: block; }

#cssdropdown li.headlink ul li a:hover { background-color: #FEF85C; color:
#000; }