Greetings,

http://www.stpeterswestfield.org/index.php
http://www.stpeterswestfield.org/css/st_peters.css
Both the page and the css validate.

Bottom of the page, two clear (white background) div boxes side by side
on the left side of page (one title says TO OUR VISITORS and the other
Title is HOMEBOUND OR JUST ...). Float works fine except that when divs
are floated, the links in the right hand of the two boxes do not work.
Unfloat and voila', they work like a charm. Here is css for the 2
classes directly affecting the divs.

        div.box_clear_float_left {
        float: left;
        line-height: 1.2em;
        font-style: italic;
        color: #000000;
        border-color: #000000;
        border-width: 1px;
        border-style: solid;
        padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
        margin: 0px 3px 20px 0px;
        font-family: "Californian FB", "Times New Roman", serif;
        font-size: 12pt;
        font-weight: normal;
        width: 256px;
        }

        .sbar_link a:link {
        text-decoration: none;
        color: #4b0082;
        font-weight: bold;
        }

        .sbar_link a:visited {
        text-decoration: none;
        color: #800080;
        font-weight: bold;
        }

        .sbar_link a:hover {
        text-decoration: underline;
        color: #4b0082;
        border-bottom: none;
        font-size: 12pt;
        }

Here is the html for the div boxes:
                <h3>TO OUR VISITORS</h3>
parish life. Please
know that whoever you are and wherever you find yourself on your journey
in faith there is a place for you here at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church.</p>

sacrament of Holy
Communion. If you prefer not to receive communion, we invite you to come
to the altar rail, cross your arms on your chest and receive the
blessing of God. If you are unfamiliar with the Episcopal worship
service, ask someone for help, or merely relax and enjoy the beauty and
power of the service by observing what goes on. Come again . . . soon
and often.</p>

the service
for food, fellowship and fun.</p>

                <h3>HOMEBOUND OR JUST UNABLE TO ATTEND SERVICE?</h3>
Church, you can
watch the service on Time Warner Cable - Westfield Channel 21 on
Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. (thank you Tom). You can <a
ref="../weekly_services/service.php" title="Read This Week's Bulletin">
read this week's service bulletin here</a> or use it to follow along
with the service on Public Access. If you, or someone you know, is
unable to come to church and would like a clergy visit, please let the
to the Church Office"> church office know</a> and the office will
schedule a clergy visit and bring communion if you desire.</p>

Anyone know why this might be the case?

Puzzled,
--
Scott Brasted