>> Brian M. Curran wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> How come if I don't specify a height for my footer, as opposed to
>> specifying a height to 1%, then the top of it does NOT stay flush against
>> my sideBar or content div -- depending on whichever has the larger
>> height? With no height set there is a gap above the footer
>>

>David Laakso wrote:
> Set a 1px solid border on #container and a 1px border top on #footer so
> you can see what is happening. Add the ruleset #footer p to your style
> sheet. Kill the default margin on that p  with margin: 0; and position it
> with something like padding: 10px 0 10px  10px;

Hello All,
I'm dealing with my footer right now for my site www brianmcurran com. I've
tinkered with my settings since my last post, and they now are:

#footer {
 clear: both;
 margin: 0;  padding: 0;
 height: 1%;
 background: #222;
 color: #fff;
 }

#footer p {
 margin: 0;  padding: 10px 0 10px  10px;
 }

Everything looks nice now, but question: Do I want to be using height:1%; ?
1. I thought it was a necessary hack for IE6, but I couldn't get any clarity
on the hack from a Google search.
2. Can't I just leave it out and let the #footer height be defined by the
contents?

Sincerely,
Brian