On 2010/01/14 23:36 (GMT) Rick Duley composed:

> I am using HTML 4.01 Strict and CSS 2.1.  <u></u> has been exiled and I
> cannot understand why.

> I use APA document referencing style and I am frequently required (yes,
> required, ... by the style) to underline fields in a bibliographic reference.
>  I find that <span style="text-decoration: underline">Field</span> is a
> clumsy substitute.

> Why was <u></u> sent to Coventry?

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5-diff/#absent-elements explains, but pay attention
to the 2nd sentence.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/