CSS-d,

I am trying to create a DIV that floats to the right of some content,
but will stay fixed vertically even when the page is scrolled up or down.

I found an example of what I mean here:

http://www.mininova.org/

The advertisements on the right move up and down as you scroll, keeping
them on the page.

The method used on this page seems to be accomplished with iFrames,
which, I have to admit, I know almost nothing about.

I thought this could be accomplished with pure CSS, by having a
position:fixed declaration in combination with float:right. However, it
is not that easy. Turns out that position:fixed over rides everything so
that the float right becomes moot.

I tried absolutely positioning my DIV on the right, but there are
drawbacks. I've set some min-width declarations on the content, but a
position:fixed DIV ignores those and will overlap the content.

The short story is that I'm trying to get a DIV to behave fixed
vertically, and behave right floated horizontally.

If this is not possible with pure CSS, I am willing to implement
Javascript. Also, I am not concerned at all about IE6 compatibility. So
solutions that depend on modern compliant browsers are fine.

Naturally, I have tried looking this up on Google, but I can't seem to
find exactly what I'm looking for. If I wanted to float the DIV on the
left side, it would be a snap. Absolute positioning would be fine. And
the Javascript options I've seen so far tend to solve slightly different
problems, and I don't have enough JavaScript ability to modify them.

Dave M G