Well, I also so happen to have IE6 still on my XP install (I dual-boot
Vista and XP), which I didn't upgrade to use for testing.  I'm still
seeing the same behavior.  However, I notice you're using absolute
positioning for your navigation and such, which may be making things
more difficult than they need to be. Is there a particular reason why
you didn't use floats? Using percentages and such with absolute
positioning just seems like a situation where you'll upset IE. If you
want the navigation and content to flow a certain way without styles,
then you could float the left nav and content (left) in a div and then
float that entire div left and float the right nav to the right. So
your markup would be right nav, left nav, and then content, with right
nav alone and left nav and the content in a div.. I would think that
would work. You'd need an extra div, but it may make life easier with
cross-browser compatibility.