On 1/28/10 11:01 AM, Sean O' Shea wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a quick question regarding bottom aligning some images.
>
> The page in question looks like this:
> http://whatsthepointeh.appspot.com/bottom-align/eyefi/tests/widget/robot/DayView.html
> . (Give it a few seconds to fully render - there's quite a bit of
> JavaScript on this page)
>
> I have landscape and portrait photos that need to be displayed and I'd
> like to be able to bottom align all photos without setting an absolute
> height on the individual photo divs (these photo divs have classes
> "file dojoDndItem"). I've tried using vertical-align on the divs, but
> that doesn't seem to work - any ideas on whether what I want is
> accomplishable?

Something else that just occurred to me... If you just left the images
as inline elements, they would automatically line up aligned on the
baseline of the line boxes they create. DIV elements are blocks, so
naturally fall one below another, creating your problem.

As I have no idea why you are wrapping each image in a multitude of
DIVs, such a simple solution may not work for you. But it might...

Cordially,
David