This is a small thing but I do like to understand why styles behave the way
they do. Here is a sample page in question:
http://boisestate.edu/webcenter/bestpractice/accessibility.shtml

Stylesheets are here:
http://boisestate.edu/webcenter/styles/main.css
http://boisestate.edu/webcenter/styles/bestpractice.css

The mystery has to do with line length in the navigation box on the right
(not the left). Specifically, I have a width specified for the list items in
that menu. I shouldn't have to, but if I remove the width statement, the
lines word wrap about halfway across the box. There's plenty of room for the
words, but they wrap and I cannot figure out why. I messed about with a
variety of settings and finally have strong-armed it by setting a width on
the li tag, but that feels like a kludge. The way you see it now is with
kludge. I tried to append an image of what it looks like without, but the
list rejected it because the image was too big. Sorry! You can take my word
for it, the words wrap at about 50% of the box width.

You'll see the kludge, it's on line 90 of the secondary stylesheet,
bestpractice.css

1. Can someone explain why, with no width on the li, the words wrap the way
they do

2. Can someone offer a better solution to the problem than the one I'm
employing?

Skip Knox
Boise State University