Elli Vizcaino wrote:
> Hello CSS Discuss,
>
> Not sure if there would be any way to tell IE7 via CSS not to break the
> layout when the zoom feature is used? I notice when this site:
> http://keithkemper.net/blog/ gets re-sized to less than 100% with IE7's zoom
> feature it breaks the layout. The background should repeat-x and the content
> remain center and instead everything veers left as it's being re-sized. Would
> love to know if there is a fix for this. If it involves JavaScript please
> email me off list.
>
> TIA,
> Elli

Elli,

I have vague recollection that IE/7 uses the upper left corner as an
anchor point; consequently, this can do a number on centered pages such
as yours. I think the IE team at the time -- approximately 4 years ago
-- recognized this, but it was not corrected at final release. While
this may be of little consolation if a user complains about it to the
client, I don't think there is a CSS fix for it, and personally I'd be
prone to let the site go as is without concern or regret.

Best,
Bill Gates

--
desktop