CSS-d,

I usually use this code to reset focus at the top of my CSS code:

:focus {
  outline: 0;
}

But for some reason, on a new page I'm working on which uses Javascript
to manage some buttons, all the buttons are getting dashed line borders
when they take focus (in FireFox 3.6).

Someone suggested to me that I try this:

:focus {
  outline: none;
}

But that hasn't helped.

Is there something particular about Javascript that requires special
focus handling?

Here is an example of the HTML code for the button:

<input type="button"
       id="minus15"
       onclick="minus15ButtonClicked('minus15')"
       style="background-image:
url('images/button_minus_15_green.png');width:53px;height:53px;border:0;"
       value="" />

Two notes: I am well aware of the accessibility issues, but I have a
reason I need to remove the focus. Also, some of the CSS is specified
inline because of how the content management system works. Ordinarily I
do all my CSS in one external document.

Anyway, any advice on what I need to look for to ensure complete removal
of any focus borders would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G