On 16/04/2010, at 6:31 AM, Mike Smith wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I'm having an issue with a form and Opera. Page is here and CSS can be
> viewed in the normal manner:
> http://www.jhsph.edu/_beta/2009.10.06_health_disparities/index.html
>
> The problem is the search box. I've tested the page in FF (Mac/Win),
> Safari,
> Opera, IE6, IE7, and IE8. The form is in the proper place in all
> except
> Opera, which surprises me as Opera is a browser that rarely gives me
> grief.
> At any rate, I can't figure out what's causing the search box to be
> lower
> than it should be and I am here asking for fresh eyes to take a look.

To solve your immediate problem try...

div.searchformDiv { overflow: auto; }

FWIW I'd suggest that the way that the nav bar has been set up is a
bit odd. Of course, I don't know the back story. I'm happy to
elaborate if you want. Also, the background images for the hover
states aren't preloaded so there is a lag between hovering and seeing
the hover state correctly.

Cheers, Tim