>> Well, I solved it. (With significant help.) It was actually IE6 that it
>> was messed up in (not IE7, so I rewrote the whole thing. I used 4
>> nested divs, one inside the other, each one has one of the corner
>> images, and inside it all is the content. Here's the result:
>>
>> http://www.rorybernstein.com/roundcorners/index_nested.html
>
> fwiw, you are nesting six containers using 4 different images for the
> corners.
> Using the method suggested in this thread you could have done that with less
> markup and less HTTP requests...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Thierry
> www.tjkdesign.com | www.ez-css.org | @thierrykoblentz

The client didn't care about more/less HTTP requests for 4 tiny tiny images
that will appear everywhere (and get cached). The nested containers just plain
worked better in ie6, so I went with that. Thanks to all who put in their 2
cents. I appreciated the valuable feedback. Perhaps I'll be able to refine this
in further iterations...

Rory