Hi,,,

CSS DISCUSS!!!

I've never had a personal response from the CSS-d list like this
before. It's hysterical. In my defence I will refer to the very first
sentence that sparked this (but remember to read the response.).

> I have been handed  a couple of amends to do on this website

CB :-)

> Hi Chris -
>
> Just a couple non-CSS observations that I hope are received in the
> spirit they are intended, which is just one of improving web
> experiences for all of us.  Two things jump out at me on the link
> you provided:
>
> 1) One is the lack of the need for Flash at all in order to have the
> features presented: a) a rotating quote - very doable with jQuery or
> javascript, and b) the blinking phone number - which I'll address in
> a minute.  The iPad has a bunch of people talking about Apple's
> failure to include Flash support.  Whether one agrees or disagrees,
> one thing comes up in a lot of those conversations. That is the
> ability of HTML and other, more accessible tools, to do much of what
> Flash is used for. This is a good example.
>
> 2) The blinking phone number really is not much different than the
> old <blink> tag in HTML.  It's popularity fell out of use for good
> reason. Such presentation of content is considered annoying by
> many.  My own opinion as a user is that I agree.  That one feature
> alone would be the thing that would make me quickly leave the site.
> I think it's a much more professional approach to not have blinking
> text, essentially screaming at the potential customer.
>
> Just my 2ยข, and I understand you may not have any control over what
> people are asking you to do.  But you're welcome to pass on my
> comments if you think it would be of any benefit since I represent
> Joe Customer, un-biased.
>
> Have a great day,
>
> Christopher Akins
> Web Coordinator
> City of Springfield, MO
>

> Hi,
>
> The lions keep eating my zebra!
>
> http://www.accidentclaimwestmidlands.co.uk/
> I have been handed  a couple of amends to do on this website and I am
> seeing a strange problem in Safari. The flash movie is not in it's
> container!
> I don't see it in FF so my handy little firebug can't help and I
> really don't know how to fix it.
>
> Is there a special string (like *html, mozilla or something) I can use
> to target safari only (maybe something targeting webkit)?
>
> Thanks, CB

I won't help you write your fascinating dissertation you leper . Great
values though! Quite revolutionary.....???

WTF, CB