> > I've used j-query to create some toggled content on this page:
> >
> > http://www.issaquahfish.org/dev/education/learn-about-salmon.html

> I'm not sure why you're styling all the DIVs like that, but if you do
> not
> want to change that styling you can use the following to fix the issue:
>
> #container .block {
>       background-color:transparent;
> }

> Thanks so much. That worked perfectly! (I need the container div to
> have the
> #fff background because otherwise the blue patterned background shows
> through.)

Alix,

That container already has a white background:

#container {
  background:#FFFFFF;
  border:1px solid #000000;
  margin:0 auto;
  text-align:left;
  width:960px;
}

so imho there is no need to style all the divs inside it:

#container div {background-color:#FFFFFF;}

Did you try to *remove* the above rule? Imho it should work just fine
without it.
The only reason I could think you'd need this is if you had a construct
where #container collapses (mostly because of floats), but I see you're
using the last child to clear everything so I don't think you need that
rule...

--
Regards,
Thierry