> > The navigation is in a ul which is already closed
> >
> Thanks for the replies - I've made alterations but still seem to be a
> few pixels out in the main content and footer. It's getting there
> though!

> http://www.redfedora.co.uk/memoriesontocanvas8/index.html

Use the wrapper to set the width you want, do *not* apply a width on its
children (#header, #navigation, #content, #footer).
They will fill up the space.
Do not use left or right margin on these either, use padding instead.

Your banner image is 900px wide but the wrapper is 922px, so you'll need to
apply a background color in #header to fill the gap. Once you've done that
you'll notice that the image does not need to be that big.

Do not use "height", but min-height instead.
Because IE6 is broken when it comes to height and does not support
min-height you need to style the element like this:
min-height:100px;
_height:100px;

Now ask yourself if you actually need to specify a height since the image
itself is tall enough to give the height you want to the header.

The key is to keep things simple...

--
Regards,
Thierry