Hello all,

I'm starting work on a new look for a large site that I did a number of years
ago. This time, it's HTML5 for the semantics, and a bit of CSS3 or -moz and
-webkit stuff.

I develop on a Mac using Firefox, but test everything in Safari, Chrome and
Opera (for Mac).
On Windows (WMWare fusion virtual machines), I have IE6, IE7 and IE8.

For IE I'm using conditional comments. Actually, the design is, at this point,
quite simple and I haven't needed many lines in the IE specific stylesheets up
to now, even for IE6.

The previous version of the site was done in 2003 and 2004. I used the usual
hacks when needed and tested at the time for IEWin 5, 5.5. Now, I don't have
IE5 or 5.5 anymore and don't want to spend time doing fixes for them. However,
I checked the logs and there are still a (very) few visitors using these
browsers.

I'm thinking of using the "universal ie6" stylesheet from
<http://forabeautifulweb.com/blog/about/universal_internet_explorer_6_css/>,
but only for IE5 and 5.5 for Windows. Since I can't check it out, could
somebody please confirm that this stylesheet (ie6.1.0.css) will do the job, as
it's intended for IE6.

For IE Mac, I don't know what to do. I would like to serve it the same
simplified stylesheet but it seems conditional comments don't work for IE Mac.
What would be the best alternative that will leave the smallest footprint in my
html?

Thanks,

Ellen Herzfeld