Matthew P. Johnson | Eco I.T.
320 Warwick Avenue Oakland CA 94610 | 415.254.1563 | ecoitsf.com
 Please consider the environment before printing this email.

-----Original Message-----
From: css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org
[mailto:css-d-boun...@lists.css-discuss.org] On Behalf Of David Hucklesby
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:21 AM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] nav placement issue - ff and chrome great, ie not so great

On 6/9/10 9:41 PM, Matthew P. Johnson wrote:
> http://applegateelements.com/test.html
>

> the nav displays correctly in chrome and ff but ie.
>

> line 33
>
> margin-top : 10px;
>

> as well as
>

> line 171
>
> margin-top : -15px;
>

> Is there a fix for this?

Yes. Take out those <br> tags so the negative margin is not needed. The
negative margin-top is px, while <br> tags create space based on size of
line-height, which will be different from px in a great many circumstances.

Who in the world has Century Gothic on their computer? Not I...

AFAICT the margin-top is working. In which browser do you not see the
margin? (I checked FF, Safari, and IE 6 and 7...)

> Also, if I adjust
>

> Line 122
>
> left : -82px;
>

> it lines up properly in chrome and ff but ie. is there a fix?

Well, the subnav is a no-show at the moment. I hesitate to go further as
there is so much redundant CSS that I'm sure to break things.

Remember the K.I.S.S. rule!

        Thank you for the replay David. I will play with it. I had combined
several peoples code and will remove the redundancy. I am a Network/System
Admin/Engineer not a CSS Pro. I am learning a lot of this project thanks to all
of you on CSS-D. :0)

        Oh, Century Gothic... Yes I know I just really like the font. I will
have to find another font to replace it with.