Not trying to "blow you out of the water" but I'd seriously consider
starting over with a clean sheet.

Make a big box and put smaller boxes in it. Put stuff in the boxes. Find
a menu that is known to work cross-browser: put it in a box. Validate
the markup and CSS frequently. Test it cross-browser frequently. Avoid
using inline styling within the markup. Avoid drawing a horizontal
scrollbar.

If you are up for it, maybe this will help get it started.
<http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/ar.htm>
Quick checked in FF, Safari, Opera, IE/8 (and IE 6/7).

Good luck, and best...

---

Thank you for the advice and I may just scrap it and start over but I really
want to figure this out. It is not for a client but for my girlfriend. I am
going to put a little more after hours time into it before I give up. The
site is mostly to show people photos so I want the hor nav to maximize
viewable space for the images.

If anyone has any other advice on this issue that would be great. I will
post once I figure out the issue.

:)

Matthew P. Johnson | Eco I.T.
320 Warwick Avenue Oakland CA 94610 | 415.254.1563 | ecoitsf.com